Learning and cultivating skills of mindfulness —the ability to stay focused on one’s present experience with nonjudgmental awareness—can help us to promote the calm, relaxed, but enlivened classroom environment that children need to learn.
Bringing self-awareness and mindfulness into the classroom is a game changer. Academic performance increases and learner’s individual development improves. Empowering teachers with self-awareness and mindfulness tools makes for a more positive teaching experience, not only for the teacher but also for the learners and their parents.
Areas of improvement:
* More time is spent on the academic content in each lesson
* Improved co-operation from the learners and longer periods of engagement which results in better instruction and interpretation
* The teacher is more aware of each learner’s strengths and weaknesses
* Improved relationship with the learner
* Improved relationship with the parents
* Better academic performance by the learner
Training for teachers is done in groups at the school and we have various options for school management to choose from.